A Top-Five Retirement Services Provider
“Significant performance and availability issues with digital self-service channels.”
The Business Challenge
A top-five retirement services provider was experiencing significant performance and availability issues with their digital self-service channels. Plan sponsors were also surfacing important functional gaps across self-service channels, which were impacting participating employees. RFP win / loss ratios were also being negatively impacted by digital functionality limitations. The business impact of this environment was poor channel availability, slow transaction performance, and unacceptable time to market for new business capabilities. Senior management recognized that the firm needed to reimagine their retirement services digital self-service capabilities.
We partnered with senior management to develop the strategic future state strategic design
for the retirement services digital self-service environment. Key steps included:
- Define top-down services road map to support the business requirements for customer-facing digital channels.
- Map out detailed logical future state design for the retirement services digital environment.
- Perform gap analysis to ensure that the future state design approach resolves key issues in the current customer-facing production Web environment.
- Work with business leadership to line up the waves of future state capabilities with phases of next generation architecture.
- Develop high level migration path, which shows the states at which each layer of the future state stack can be moved into production.
- Identify quick hit stability and performance opportunities to provide immediate business relief, including transaction analysis and capacity planning to identify and resolve short-term performance bottlenecks
- Develop high level time and resource / cost estimates for each phase of the strategic future state design
The digital self-service program moved quickly into execution mode, at which point the business experienced rapid performance and availability improvements from implementation of quick hits. The client continued to build out the logical future state design and successfully launched a new digital self-service experience which was unrivalled in the history of the firm.