Contact Center Manager
The Contact Center Manager will provide leadership, direction, and direct customer support to the consumer banking contact center team (Branch Banking & Digital Banking). The candidate will manage the daily operations of the contact center, including but not limited to call monitoring, coaching and development, handling escalated calls, suggesting and implementing new processes, and overall leadership by example, in the delivery of excellent customer service. The ideal candidate will have both contact center leadership experience and banking experience. In addition, the Manager is responsible for daily workflow management of inbound and outbound queues, reviewing daily and monthly production reports, and monitoring daily productivity. A Manager must possess the ability to effectively communicate, schedule, and motivate Customer Care Associates and Customer Care Supervisors. The Manager must ensure compliance adherence throughout the department. Managers are responsible for providing senior management with updates regarding the department’s overall performance and productivity.
Managers are required to have a thorough knowledge of all State and Federal regulations, as well as all internal and external policies and procedures. The Managers are required to ensure daily production and quality standards are met.
- Verify that Specialists log in and out of all applicable systems in accordance with their work schedule.
- Ensure accurate queue assignments based on the Specialist skill level.
- Coach, develop and evaluate Customer Care Specialists & Customer Care Supervisors.
- Collect and review hourly production numbers.
- Review and provide feedback on their department productivity, quality standards, exception and compliance related issues.
- Recommend new hires, promotions, terminations or other personnel changes.
- Evaluate call volumes, as well as payments received and make recommendations if necessary for improvement.
- Identify below standard teams/Specialists and make recommendations for improvement to assigned Supervisor.
- Responsible for daily, weekly and monthly results relating to assigned departmental performance goals.
- Communicate with other departments to assign Specialists accordingly to ensure productivity standards are achieved.
- Hold Supervisors accountable for production and quality standards in absence of Senior Management.
- Monitor and comprehend all reports including daily, monthly, and real time results to ensure production standards are met.
- Confirm Supervisors are completing action plans from assigned projects or audit findings timely.
- Conduct weekly staff meetings to discuss issues, trends, etc. and communicate necessary information.
Compliance and Call Monitoring
- Provide feedback and participate during Call Monitoring Calibration Calls.
- Perform Call Monitoring throughout department and provide feedback for improvement.
- Handle Customer escalated telephone calls with in state, federal, client and company guidelines.
- Review complex requests such as name change, spending limit increases, and disputes to ensure accurate validation processes are followed.
- Review and act on audit trends.
Training and Development
- Review and ensure dissemination, as well as implementation of all new procedures and educational material.
- Assist Supervisor in conducting huddles daily.
- Draft and administer Human Resource forms to include disciplinary actions and performance evaluations.
- Communicate with Human Resources to ensure all policies and procedures are followed.
- Create and continually foster a team environment.
- Maintain professional relationships with client, vendors and other departments.
- Promote a professional work environment.
- Communicate with applicable management to discuss production results and recommendations for improvement.
- Communicate the goals and expectations to their department.
- Conduct employment interviews as required.
- Establishes a clear vision aligned with Company values; sets specific challenging and achievable objectives and action plans; motivates others to balance customer needs and business success; challenges self and others to create quality service.
- Able to maintain a confidential environment.
- Review weekly schedules of each Customer Care Associates, Supervisors and Tier 2 Representative leaders to ensure day, night and weekend coverage.
- Monitor Customer Care Associates and Customer Contact Center Supervisors for overtime.
- You are expected to lead by example. During the first 90 days after your promotion, you should not exceed more than 1 absence. During your first 6 months you should not exceed more than 2 absences. Excessive absenteeism, tardiness, long lunches, or early departures may result in a demotion from your position in addition to the current disciplinary action up to and including termination.
- If you are going to be late or absent you must text your director and VP in addition to contacting TAC.
Knowledge & Skills
- Must be reliable and punctual.
- Reading comprehension and negotiation skills.
- Advanced knowledge of the banking industry and call center activities.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Must possess a professional demeanor.
- Ability to stay focused and self motivated.
- Ability to effectively problem solve.
- Advanced math skills.
- Ability to multitask.
- Effective interpersonal communication skills.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Excellent follow-up skills.
- Thorough understanding of all State and Federal Regulations, including but not limited to Regulation E, Regulation CC, Regulation D, Regulation Z, Regulation B, and Equal Credit Opportunity Act are mandatory.
- Advanced knowledge of providing Superior Customer Service.
- Advanced knowledge of both client specific and internal systems.
Perform other work-related duties as assigned.
If you are interested in learning more please, send your resume and contact information to email@example.com.